Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Happy birthday my dearest son!

Today is Aidan's 1st birthday. I can't believe it has been a year that I have delivered my baby boy. My husband and I are blessed with this wonderful gift. We hope that he will grow up well and be a good boy. InsyaAllah.

Picture taken a few hours before he turned 1.

I have written my labour experience few days after I delivered. Here it goes.

Alhamdulillah. A baby boy has born on 24th July 2012 at 2.40am thru C-sect. It was not an easy labour for Mommy.

On day 9 after the EDD (which was supposedly on 12th July 2012), Mommy was admitted to the hospital and waited till the next day to be on 1st induce. There is no sign that baby is coming out. The contractions come and go and I was dilated 1cm on the afternoon.
Then Mommy was induced for 2nd time and this time contractions are a bit more intense than before but still tolerable. At 8pm the cervix maintains 1cm and I was scheduled to be induced for the 3rd time on the next morning.

On day 11, there was no major contractions. The pain has been just mild. In the afternoon, I was dilated 3cm and was advised to be in the labour room. I accidentally cried in front of the doc. It's about the mixed feelings and finally I think it's time. But the journey is way too far to reach 10cm dilation.

When I was in the labour room at 3.40pm, it was not a pleasant moment. Doc by doc were checking on me to find ways to break the water but it was unsuccessful.

At 7.30pm, I was given contraction med via drip to speed up the contraction. By 10pm, the contractions becoming very intense from every 10 minutes and to every 1 minute. I couldn't bear the pain I asked for a painkiller at 11.00pm. Luckily hubby was beside me. Eventho he couldn't do anything to ease the pain away, but at least I know he was there for me.

Till 12.30pm, doc checked me again and it was dilated 4cm. Doc said she wanted to wait for another couple of hours to let me have natural birth. I begged the doc to just proceed with operation and she needed to ask permission from MO who was in OT doing an operation.

A couple of minutes later, the doc came to me again and informed that they can proceed with operation by 2am. 1 hr 15 mins pain I felt like forever and the clock was ticking way too slow.

At 2am, I was brought to the OT. They jab an aesthetic med at my back bone. Within a couple of seconds, I felt numb half of my body from stomach till toe I can't barely raise my legs. Only then the doctors started the operation procedure. I could feel them cutting my lower stomach layer by layer. They shake my tummy and then "plop", the baby was out. At 2.40am, Aidan Umayr was born.

The procedure after delivery took quite some time. While the doc was doing her work, the nurse showed me my baby's "bur-bird" and let me kissed the baby. It was a touching moment to see your baby alive for the first time. Hubby managed to see our baby from afar as he was not allowed to be in the OT.


Mommy got to hold Aidan after 1 day in NICU.

However, my story of being warded didn't end there. My baby needed to be in the NICU as he had mild breathing problem. Doc suspected that he might consumed his own stool. Baby was there for 1 and a half day, before being transferred to mommy and baby ward. We were in the hospital for another 5 days and it was mentally and physically challenging moment for me.

To be continued..

No comments:

Post a Comment